Monday, July 18, 2016

Love Is Timeless | Michele & Casey | Timeless Wedding Designs | Port St Lucie Wedding Planner

"Casey and I met at a friend's house a little over five years ago. There was something about him that intrigued me. His crystal blue eyes had this way of holding my attention, but I honestly don't remember if we ever actually spoke to each other during that encounter. Lucky for me, he and I met again at the same house for a going away party. We (finally) started talking and he informed me that he had recently ended his relationship. "Yes! I have a chance!" I thought.
Casey and I spent almost every waking moment together for the following two weeks. Unsure of what was going to happen when I went back to school in the fall, we decided to give us a shot and make it "Facebook official." I can't believe that was 5 years ago!



Thinking back, I'm pretty sure I knew Casey was the man I was going to marry from the minute I laid eyes in him. I guess being a hopeless romantic who grew up watching Disney's classic princess movies will do that to you. Casey has always been my biggest fan and my biggest hero. He always supports me in everything I do and is there to pick me up, brush me off, and put me back on the right path. The first time I experienced that, I think everything changed.


The night Casey proposed to me is a night I will never forget. Casey picked me up and brought me to the Jensen Beach Causeway so I could sit and watch the full moon dance on the water. While I was relaxing and taking in all of the elements of the night, Casey started walking around. He seemed like he was on a bit of a mission, but I didn't think anything of it and went back to my stargazing. After a while, I noticed Casey was still walking around looking for something. I started looking around the bench, wondering what he could be looking for, and found a pebble. I showed Casey what I found and he immediately took it from me and said "I need that!" That was when I knew something was up. He had never acted like this before. He sat down next to me and asked me to tell him (for the millionth time) why I call him Penguin. After I explained my love for Penguins and how they choose their mate and present her with a pebble, he told me I had to stand up. At this point, I was just getting annoyed. What in the world was he doing? I stood up and as I did, he slid off of the bench and down onto one knee.
I immediately started crying.
I would love to be able to repeat every word he said to me while down on one knee but through all of my tears, all I can remember is him presenting me with the pebble, just like a penguin would, and asking me to spend the rest of my life with him. I don't even think I was able to speak. With a giant smile on my face and tears running down my cheeks, I nodded yes. I was crying and shaking. I couldn't believe it had actually happened. The love of my life had just proposed to me!
Since it was a spur of the moment decision to propose at that moment, I didn't get my ring, which we had picked out in February of that year, until we got back to his apartment. Even with all of the strangeness, I wouldn't change a single thing about that night.


There is so much I love about marriage. I love waking up next to my best friend and our 3 fur babies. I love that I have someone to grow old with, while being able to act like children when the time calls for it. But I would have to say that my favorite part of marriage is having a forever partner in crime; the forever yin to my yang."


If you are interested in sharing your love story with us, please email Mandy at Mandy@TimelessWeddingDesigns.com with the subject, "Love Is Timeless."

Find out why wedding day coordination is a must have!

No comments:

Post a Comment